Friday, April 22, 2005

On the Home Front

I had to take my Hannah Bug to the doctor today.  Second day home from kindergarten with the soar throat!  Has hurt so bad at times that she cried tears!  How I wish I had a digital camera and all that jazz.  Bug is a real Texas cutie!  Golden strawberry blonde hair down to her hips, pug nose, big blue eyes framed by dark long lashes.  A sprinkling of freckles across her cheeks and nose, from lazy country days in the sun.  She has a way with animals.  She fears none and they trust her.  She's a lefty:  the artistic type.  She can color and cut as good as I can.  Smart as a whip too.  All "E's" on her report cards.  Generous heart.  Gives her money away to people who come by to visit, cause she "has too much!"  You'd love Bug!  Well, the Dr. said it was strep throat.  But she did not have a severe case.  No rash.  No fever.  So a round of anti-biotics and she should be good as new.  Of course we're gonna milk this cow for all it is worth!  Had to stop by Brookshire Bros. and get all the soft treats:  yogert, sherbert, pudding, icecream.  Cost near as much as the doctor visit!  The things you do to keep those eyes shining bright!  And to buy mom a little piece & quiet.  LOL   Think I'll make my way off of here and hunt up a nap!  Don't be surprised if I am scarce and hard to find on the weekends.  We play them by ear!  Sometimes I am actually on-line more.....but usually way less.  Have to spend time with the family!  Not to mention all those "huney-dos" and "since-u-was" things that keep me busy. 

God bless & keep you all.  And go to church on Sunday!  It's your day of rest and relaxation from the Lord God.  The least you can do is spend some time visiting with Him and the "family." 

6 comments:

  1. aww it is always hard to see our children in pain or sick. ((hugs)) to your little one.  I just recently wrote about my little B. who is getting ready for K.  LOL

    I am not on as much on the weekend either.  It is more busy around here with everyone home or doing scouts and church stuff.  Sometimes it takes me a few days to catch up on my journals after the weekends because others post more on the weekend then they do during the week LOL.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.  a slolution to not having a dig. camera is when you take your film in for development is to have a cd made so you can upload them to your computer and then the net.  *hint*


    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mary stole my comment!  I was going to tell you to have a CD made when you bring your camera in for developing.  It's really nice, but then you will have to save each picture individually that you want in your "my pictures" file (no big deal though)  I hope Bug feels better soon and please get us a picture of her!  She sounds just precious!  .:Barbara:.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my journal, and leaving a comment!  Your daughter sounds lovely!  As for why my J is listed under hogs... I have no clue!  Farmer Brown is a pig farmer (these entries are a must see if you haven't read them), and I talk about dieting a lot... If the last one is the reason why, then I must sue AOL for the implication!  >oink<  >oink<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Mary and Barbara for the great tip on how to get pictures on line!  We don't take pictures like we used to, but the next roll I will try to do that way!

    And thanx to everyone who has stopped by my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your little bug is feeling all better real soon!!  :-)  

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...