Friday, May 6, 2005

Recap of Friday

So, here comes another weekend! And I think it will be a good one, even if I dont have anything special planned. And Sunday is Mother's Day. No Children's Church. Everyone in Big Church. Monday will be Bubba's birthday, so I am hoping to do something special with him.

Today I had to run an errand into Beaumont for Pete. That's about 33 miles from where we live. He's trying to get his personal truck going. Something all four of us can go places in besides my little car. Needed a clutch and everything that goes with it. So I found the place fine and they got me fixed up right away.

Headed home I decided to go in the State office to get a form to order a Parental Driver's Ed kit for Bubba. One thing we will work on this summer. To try to get him liscensed up. Had to stand in a line for an hour and a half. Think I'll go to our little office at the county courthouse for anything else Bubba needs! They are only open certain days and times, but things seem to run ssssooo much smoother there.

When I almost got home I began to get so sleepy I had to fight to keep my eyes open. I layed down for a nap at straight up 12 noon and didn't wake up until 3:30. First nap I took all week......guess I needed it. But it got warm in the bedroom and I woke up feeling all dull headed and blah. Made coffee and got on here. Was thinking the kids would be here any time, when Matilda the goat dog needed to potty. While I was sitting on the front step watching her, I realized that Bug's bicycle was laying in the yard. ???? Oh, my.....I have to get them at the bus stop! They were running late this am and I took them in the car! So I dash and do that.

Yesterday afternoon my sister came by to visist. Two reasons. One she had a couple of nice dresses for church a friend of hers was passing on. Yeah! I love gently used hand-me-downs! The other was to tell me that Uncle Lenox had suffered a stroke. He is a dear saintly man. 81 years old he has several health issues he deals with. He is in the hospital. Has some slurred speech and limited movement on one side. Hopefully, with a little therapy he can regain most of it. So please say a little prayer for him and mother's sister, Aunt Billie. (The hushpuppy recipe.) It' s hard to realize these folks are getting older and fragile. They will be forever locked in my memories as 40 and 50 something year old people. Full of life, love, Christian virtue.

Now to all my dear Sisters out in cyber space I want to say:

Have a Happy and Blessed Mothers Day!

3 comments:

  1. aww happy mother's day to you too. and here's wishing bubba a grand birthday. hope your weekend goes as great as mine should. sending blessings and love to you all, jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a "Happy Mother's" Day also. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you also!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...