Friday, May 13, 2005

You're God's Answer to My Prayer!

Dear Journal-land friends, you will never know the blessing you have been to me this morning! Yesterday evening I had spent an hour crying, blubbering and praying about how what I have to say and what I feel and think and want seems so unimportant to the people around me. My dear little Bug has all the joy, energy and impatience a child of 5 should have...so she wants to do the talking or be busy and on the go. My precious Bubba has spent more than his fair share of time listening to his Mama. But all he really wants to discuss is car stereos and trucks. Seems just when I think of something special to me to share with him, that's when he is most ready to go on about his business.And my dear hubby....well, he doesn't want to discuss the issues a TV show raises, and he doesn't want to talk when he eats or too close to bedtime in case something upsets him. He never discusses politics, religion or the social concerns of the day. He's a man of action. He values deeds and not words. Which I can understand, as in his life words often were lies, empty promises or otherwise discouraging. He wants only to see what you do/did. To hear what you've done. So, this muller, puzzler, ponderer often feels unheard, unappreciated, unvalued. It comes and goes in waves. Yesterday was one of my bigger waves. But God is sssooo faithful! When I stepped outside before bed to let the Boston Terrier pack pottie, there was one lone firefly blinking near the woods. I'm not sure how to word it, but it brought comfort to me. As you can see the firefly intermentantly, God seemed to be saying to me that just because they don't always see, hear and understand me the times that they do are still just as lovely and precious. Then I wake and come on-line to find your warmth, and welcome! Your sweet and thoughtful comments! You are all a blessing to me. Thank you so much! Barb, God must have lead you to mention me at just the right time.....he knew what I needed...to be appreciated! My dear Uncle Lenox passed away yesterday. He was 81 and had recently suffered strokes. He was a wonderful and warm Christian man. He served his country in WWII. He and my mother's sister, Billie, raised three boys to be decent and kind men. He served his community and was a deacon at his church. I have never known a more honorable, honest, decent, kind and helpful man. I hope God is giving him a double portion of reward! Bubba class didn't do very well at the welding contest; only one second place award. But they enjoyed their day, and know more about how the contest thing works. There were about 60 competing and awards were given to only the top five in each event. Bubba didn't even look to see where he placed. Bug's school is having field day todaySuppose I may try to go up there and surprise her. May God bless each of your's day as you have blessed mine!

3 comments:

  1. Barbara, I'm so sorry about you uncle passing away but he was a Christian so you don't have to worry about him. That is probably one of the reasons you are feeling down this morning because you feel the loss of him. Thats pretty good that Bubba came in second place in some of his work. My son took welding in school and in his senior year he worked half days at a place that made outdoor furniture. He made me a metal rocking chair which sits so good and I still have it. That was in 1979. I have put a new seat in it and upholstered it once. I just cleaned it up yesterday where it got soiled sitting on the porch during the winter. It really needs another coat of paint. He welds for a living still. Hope you soon get over the blues and have a blessed day. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Barbara. God IS good, isn't He? I am so glad I was able to help in however small a way. God has blessed me in that way many times. Guess we women have this blubbering thing down pat, as well as having to feel what we think and want sometimes seems unimportant to those around us. But God is our all in all and has given us both people who will listen, and listen not only, but love and support. Sorry to hear about your Uncle. You take care today, and BE HAPPY. Remember, like everything else, it's a choice. Love you already.
    *Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
              http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun, I know what you mean about the joy that people here in J-Land can give you. They have been my major source of friendship in the year I have been here. Without them I do not know where I would be. I feel that God surely led me here.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...