Wednesday, June 1, 2005

I Finally Made it Back on The Computer!!

No this is not Emmy and her colt, but it sure could be!! Except that Emmy's tail is blonder and she is not as fat. Pete and I went to go over the results of his tests with the the Doc yesterday. Everything checked out fine, normal, good, etc. except that he has 6 out of 8 sinuses blocked up. So he will be going to an ear and nose guy. And still has his stress test to do. Then the Doc also got an appointment for him with a good eye doctor as he has been having quite a bit of vision irregularities. Doc changed his stomach medicine as he has been on Prilosec for 5 years now. I was beginning to think I would never get back on-line long enough to post an entry! With everyone home these past days seems each time I get on-line someone wants or needs something, or they are asking me to let them have the computer. (lol)

I had been wondering why it was so quiet around here at night. Something just seemed to be missing. Well, last night I figured it out. The froggy chorus had been missing! Things have been so dry here that they had gone away. But last night, when I stepped out they were there again in all their joyful, croaky symphony of noise. And all seemed right again here.

Want to pass on a link to you that Cody's mom sent to me over the weekend. Click here: To Everybody Back Home [ If I Die Before You Wake] It may be a little sad, but it is a beautiful statement about these who guard freedom. She also passed on an alert about a new virus that I want to warn you about: A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. This virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title: "A Card for You". As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You." As soon as you get the mail, delete it!! Even if you know the sender !!!

And now for our lighter sides......you know how they say "out of the mouth of babes."? Well this little funny from my ArcaMax e-mail is a perfect illistration of that.

Wedding Vows A grandmother overheard her 5-year-old granddaughter playing "wedding." The wedding vows went like this:

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you, you have the right to have an attorney present. You may kiss the bride."

If you delight in great pictures, especially ones of nature, you will love a visit to Helen's journal My Everyday Life. This lady really has a way with a camera! And she has lots of little tidbits of info along with many of them. She and her husband, Ken, reside in Alabama. This beautiful southern state gives her plenty of photo ops. When she's not shutter-bugging, her and Ken are probably out fishing. You'll find she is just a delightfully nice person also.

And now for our look into the word!

In the book of JOB Chapter 5 one of his friends is responding and speaking of people who turn from God. In verse 2 we begin, "They die in helpless frustration, overcome by their own anger....then comes sudden disaster. Thier children are cheated with no one to defend them. Their harvests are stolen....misery comes upon them for sowing seeds of sin." TLB Anger is never satisfied. Like the fire that leaps and engulfs all around it, searching for more fuel, anger consumes all around it. But like a fire dies quickly when you withhold the fuel, anger can be quenched by not giving it breath and fodder.

7 comments:

  1. It pays to be slow to anger, doesn't it? Great entry, as always. Hugs and God bless  you. Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion.HEYLETSTALK

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW thats to bad about the picture not turning out good. If Emmy and the colt look anything like the above picture that would be a pretty site to see. Thanks for the good words about my journal. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to come visit your journal. hope all turns out well with your husband. I will keep him in prayers. Have a good day God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Job is one of my favorites parts fo the Bible that I have read... Been a while though...so I truly enjoyed that!! :)

    And I love the link you gave everyone..i have it saved in my favorites already..LOL...Anytime I want a good cry, I have a few of those to remind me again why the heck my hubby isn't here at home...lol

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can keep your frogs!!!
    I just wanted to let you know that the email is a hoax. You can check it out at http://vil.mcafee.com/hoax.asp
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked all your recent entries, thanks for your comments too, I don't think I can afford to remodel the bathroom, it would be nice!~
    http://journals.aol.com/naturegirlfromny/Atthebaseofthemountains

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard frogs last night too. They were singing loud. I found tadpoles in the watering tub.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...