Friday, July 1, 2005

The 4th is Fast Approaching!

Here we are with the 4th of July fast approaching. I may not post again until next week. For sure I won't continue with all the regular features until then. I want to just share a few thoughts with you as this holiday approaches.

For all of it's ills......for the controversies I still believe I am priviledged to live in the greatest nation on earth! I know I have it better on any given day of the week than most of humanity, and for that I am grateful......to God and this nation. Some rile and rant continually agianst most everyone and every thing here. And I do tend to agree with Meryl Haggard reguarding those folks. But I am fearful that in the name of protectionism we may be setting aside some of our most precious priviledges. For instance this legislation regarding the burning of the flag. I love our flag. My heart swells with pride when I see it. It embodies all I hope and all I believe about this country of ours. I would never be irreverant to it. But it is a symbol. A symbol not only of what we should be, but of the government of our nation at any given point in time. I just can't see making it illegal to burn the flag in protest. Free speech about our government and what it is doing and where it is headed is fundimental to our citizenship. (Not free speech to shove profanity down my throat.....but that's a whole 'nother topic.) Somehow, I perceive that when we make this grafic display of disagreement illegal, we will all be losing a big chunk of that free speech. Personaly, I had rather see the flag burnt in protest by someone who is trying to get his government's attention to a problem or a plight than to see it left on a flagpole in someone's front yard in the rain. The former is reminiscent of the spirit of patriotism, while the later screams disrespect. Of course, should the cause be just enough and the situation dire enough to warrant it, any patriot would risk charges and jail to stand against tyrany. Just my thoughts andreflections, to get you thinking.

Now let me leave you with some humor to lighten the mood! I just loved this from ArcaMax......they did an excellant job of "reading between the lines."

Job Market

If you're in the job market right now you might want to familiarize yourself with the Human Resources Lingo...

"COMPETITIVE SALARY"

We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.

"JOIN OUR FAST-PACED COMPANY"

We have no time to train you.

"CASUAL WORK ATMOSPHERE"

We don't pay enough to expect that you'll dress up.

"MUST BE DEADLINE-ORIENTED"

You'll be six months behind schedule on your first day.

"SOME OVERTIME REQUIRED"

Some time each night and some time each weekend.

"DUTIES WILL VARY"

Anyone in the office can boss you around.

"MUST HAVE AN EYE FOR DETAIL"

We have no quality control.

"APPLY IN PERSON"

If you're old, fat or ugly you'll be told the position has been filled.

"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE"

We've filled the job; our call for resumes is just a legal formality.

"SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF EXPERIENCE"

You'll need it to replace three people who just left.

"PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS A MUST"

You're walking into a company in perpetual chaos.

"REQUIRES TEAM LEADERSHIP SKILLS"

You'll have the responsibilities of a manager, without the pay or respect.

"GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS"

Management communicates, you listen, figure out what they want and do it.

Have a Safe and Happy 4th!

6 comments:

  1. wow that was a wonderful entry thank you amen to that. I love our country and pray daily for the men and women who defend it. Also I am on the presditanal prayer team because he needs our prayers too I would not want his job,but I also thank God for him. Hope you have a good weekened and enjoy yur 4th God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that job market!!  Most of it was true.  Hope you have a great 4th.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful entry Barbara, I agree with you wholeheartly. America is still the best place to live as far as I'm concerned but of course if I lived in another country I might think differently. I've never lived in another country or visited there.Through these journals I have met some wonderful people from other countries.  Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great reading there, Barbara!  Thanks for stopping by "Wingshadow Walks", its fun to know people are loooking at your pictures and things in your life!  Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that list! How true is it!?!?..HAHA

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...