Thursday, November 2, 2006

Confused? Need Answers?

                        

The upcoming elections and recent headline news has stirred up all the old, familiar questions once again about life issues such as stem cell research, abortion, euthanasia & bio ethics.   So when does life begin?  How long does it hold it's value?  What is the science behind the issues?  Is the mainstream media and info accurate and fair? 

Does your heart cry to stand for Jesus, but your mind spin on how to accomplish that?  What would Jesus do?  Or are you a non-Christian trying to understand what all the hullabaloo is about? 

Carolyn of  No Apologies - Biblical perspectives on world events has created a journal to try to mainstream all pertinent information on matters such as these from a Pro Life Christian point of view in one concise location.  Whether you are merely curious or confused, A Matter of Life, contains information and links to help you.

And whatever else you do, please pray about your decisions on candidates before you vote.

      

7 comments:

  1. I've been so confused about this; thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm confused too i'll have to go check it out ;)
    thanks
    em

    ReplyDelete
  3. der barbara
    what alovely entry! I adore those cherubs! Carolyn is certainly very scientific in her approach ! Thanks!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the links Barbara!! Going to check it out now!
    Michele http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that everyone will get out and vote! Our country is in deperate need of good, righteous leaders!!!

    Kara :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These graphics were soooo pretty...............Powerful....I am really going to spend some time on the ALMIGHTY in God...I need a recheck with my attitude...nice entry as usual.........-Raven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara,
    I read a post from you on a different site, and wanted to clear up a misconception you have about Jehovah's Witnesses. Approximately 6 million of us believe that the meek will inherit the earth and reside forever in peace upon it. From your posts, you seem like a Bible reader, so I will include some of the scriptures we believe prove this. (Matthew 5:5; 2Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4; Daniel 2:44; Psalm 37:29;9-11 and Proverbs 2:21-22). We also believe that 144,000 people of all the nations are going to Heaven to reign as kings and priests with Jesus, because there are 2 scriptures in Revelation that say this. (Revelation 5:9-10, 20:6) I think Mormons may believe in various levels of Heaven, but I'm not sure. And secondly according to the definition of the word "cult" at Dictionary.com and many other dictionaries, all religions are cults. Some people just cringe because it sounds like the word "occult". But it is not anything like that. You can email me, if you'd like. All my beliefs are Bible based and I can clarify any other beliefs you have about the Witnesses. I was raised Catholic and the first time I let the Witnesses in, I interrogated them like they were criminals. Years later, I had a 10 year study of the Bible with them and now, have been baptised one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 13 years. Thanks for letting me clear that up, maureen123@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...