Sunday, July 1, 2007

Please welcome our new addition!

                  
                     (Thank you Donna, for this precious announcement!)

Ain't I precious!  I'm Prissy and I'm all legs.  My mom and dad are both Tennessee Walking horses.  So I will grow up to be tall and ride smooth.  When I run, my tail goes up straight in the air.  It's bred in me. 
I fell into this world from the comfort of mama's warm womb on Friday evening about 8:00 pm.  There was a crowd of onlookers gathered around the pen.  They watched and cheered as I kicked free of the bag.  They seemed to struggle with me as I tried to get to my feet and step far enough away to break the cord.  There were smiles and laughter.  I heard four wheelers bringing others down to stop and see and greet me.  Someone brought mama a bucket of feed. 
I liked smelling mama.  I liked rubbing against mama.  I knew if I could just find the right spot she'd have something good waiting for me.  A couple of hours after I was born, the spectators wandered away and it was just me and mama.
Mama patiently told me try again, as I nuzzled behind her front legs to no avail.  When I went underneath her looking she gently stepped over me and re-positioned herself with her hind quarters near my nose.  She did this dozens of times, until almost by accident I bumped something hard and found wet upon my nose!  I licked.  I shook my head.  Oh, wow!  And I dove back under to find again that liquid meal. 
I saw the sun yesterday for the first time.  I ran for the first time.  I heard lightening and firecrackers.  I felt raindrops upon my back.  So far, life is good.  Life is being by mama.  Life is naps near her feet.  Life is a small little girl coming and wrapping their arms around my neck and telling me "I love you Prissy." 
Today brought visitors.  New faces at the fence.  Looking.  Comparing me to my dad.  Comparing me to my grandfather.  Bragging on my mama.
I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings!

32 comments:

  1. Great entry!!!!!   I love it.  Congrats again for the new addition
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww just love the entry. Prissy is so cute. Congratulations. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3.    BARBARA,
                       WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COLT. AND MARKINGS.
     THAT WILL BE A GREAT HORSE.      sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww what a delightful entry...and well Prissy is just beautiful....pretty markings....and I just have a good feeling she will never hunt too long for love and affection....plus that "liquid" meal....LOL...thanks for sharing....God Bless....and hugs from Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see Prissy but I bet she's beautiful!!! You did a great job writing this entry!!!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Prissy!  You are beautiful!  Linda and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh too cute!  I love sweet babies.  More pictures, please!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful entry, what a lovely addition to your family  the horses in your pic are beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly,  I am sorry I have not read your journal before !!  This is the good Biblical Christian stuff I try to identify with and enarmor myself with.
        I don't know if you have had a chance to view my friend, Pastor Wayne T. Stokes' Blog or mine yet-- but I sure do invite you to check out our journals too.
    OLD SOLDIER TOM'S JOURNAL.
        Our garden is doing very well this year, Praise the Lord!  And I am crazy about my fresh organic tomatoes and zuchinni.  If you just nip off the zuchinni ends and split them length ways and lay them next toyour T-bone steaks on the grill-- you never eat them any other way... lol !
        Have a great blessed, safe day!

    Tom Schuckman                                                                                                                  
    Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 1968-70                      
    http://journals.aol.com/tschuckman/OldSoldierToms.Journal/
    "Iron Sharpens Iron" -- Proverbs 27:17
                     
    "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the TRUTH ? ---Galatians 4:16




    ReplyDelete
  10.  How cute.  I love new little babies.

                Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed that entry, Barbara. Welcome to the world, Prissy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a cute writeup you did about her. She is beautiful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks prissy, LOL.  Love the note!  Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww what a cute addition!!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH- AIN'T YOU SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Congrat's Mamma!  What a beauty.  Makes me wish more to have a horse!  God Bless Mamma and Baby!  Thank you Barbara!  Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute, just adorable. Thanks for sharing. gg/Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beauty!  ~jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the point of view of this entry. You spent a lot of time just staring at her in adoration, at the two of them. A marvellous thing. I have never witnessed the birth of a foal. THanks for sharing the moment. bea

    ReplyDelete
  19. or foal? I guess I'm not an animal person!! LOL!!!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the new calf!
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoo Hoo! About time she made her little entrance. Congrats hon, she is one little awesom beauty! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. She is beautiful, and you did a beautiful job of introducing us to her and allowing us to share in her first day!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Barbara
    Congratulations Sweetie! the baby looks awesome!
    huggggggggggggggggggs!
    love,nat

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a precious sweetheart this one is.  Would you look at her coloring.  I so enjoyed her telling what she remembers about her birthday and there after.  I hope she will keep us posted with all her adventures and tell us more about her mommy and daddy.  I'd copy this and save it in a book somewhere.  I do that with a lot of my post.  I get those clear plastic sleves and put things in a notebook because I don't think my own kids read my jouranl and someday they will.

    Blessings to this sweet little one, her mommy and daddy and all of you.

    Marlene - A Poet's Point Of View
    http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome Prissie, you are so cute and I enjoyed hearing your story about your first day....
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful!  What a wonderfully told story.  

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful entry.... so exciting! Welcome to Prissy!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely beautiful and heartwarming the way you tell her story.  
    Lisa
    http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is so sweet
    wishing you a good life , little prissy
    Marti
    http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awwwww, what a cute little thing she is.  That's an awesome entry.  I hope she gorws big and tall like her mama and have a good and happy life.  With being owned by someone like you, the odds are in her favor.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...